1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. PLEASE: Read the FORUM RULES BEFORE registering!

Dismiss Notice

New member from Michigan

Discussion in 'A BEGINNER'S FORUM (Learn How To Machine Here!)' started by JimT-72, Aug 1, 2017.

1. JimT-72

JimT-72 United States Iron Registered Member

City:
    Saint Helen
    State:
    Michigan

-Return to Top-

Hi and thanks for the addition to the forum. I am a self taught woodworker, metalworker, former private pilot single engine land (NOT self taught, lol), rc aircraft buff, current pistols owner. I started with rc as a teen, began woodworking at a young age and carried on with that for many years. In the late 80's I started metal working and really enjoyed that to the point that I stopped most of the wood working. I am self taught with lots of input from my Dad, who was an apprenticeship trained tool and die maker. Eventually I ended up building 3 nice home workshops through the years, and at the last home shop I spent probably 10 % of my time woodworking and 90% metal working. I am now 63 and health issues as well as a need to downsize (move to a different house) I no longer have most of the tools and machines. I really miss my mill (bridgeport series 1 variable speed with power draw bar) and my South Bend heavy 10 lathe. I hope to end up with a lathe and a mill at some point, been looking at some of the Precision Mathews equipment. In the meantime I want to keep in touch with the fun things from the past and contribute what I can. Thanks, Jim.

2. Bob Korves

Bob Korves H-M Supporter - Premium Content H-M Supporter-Premium

City:
    Sacramento
    State:
    California

-Return to Top-

Welcome to the forum, Jim! Your story is similar to many of us here, so you should fit right in...

JimT-72 likes this.
  3. royesses

royesses United States H-M Supporter - Premium Content H-M Supporter-Premium

City:
    Norman
    State:
    Oklahoma

-Return to Top-

Welcome to the forum. I look forward to your input. There are many great machinists and hobbyists here.

Roy

4. tweinke

tweinke United States Active User H-M Supporter-Premium

City:
    Fairmont
    State:
    Minnesota

-Return to Top-

Yes Welcome! Any input is appreciated here so I think you will enjoy it. The PM machines are nice by the way.

5. Ken from ontario

Ken from ontario Canada Active Member Active Member

City:
    Peterborough
    State:
    Ontario

-Return to Top-

You have just joined the coolest site on earth.
    Welcome aboard.

Low tech likes this.
  6. RandyM

RandyM United States Global Moderator Staff Member H-M Supporter-Premium

City:
    Stoughton
    State:
    Wisconsin

-Return to Top-

Jim, you are among friends here. We understand.

Welcome to HM.