New member and my (not yet purchased) Clausing Lathe

I owned one very similar, the variable speed drive wears easily and is expensive to replace or repair, the clutch and brake are also fussy to adjust and maintain.

On the bright side I used it for 20 years or more nearly every day, a nice little lathe far above current small engine lathe quality.

Good Luck

I finally got it Friday, October 13, 2017. We loaded it on the trailer with a Harbor Freight 2 ton lift and a tractor with a boom on it. It took about two hours. We brought to my house, and my brother in law and I unloaded the trailer using the lift on one end and 1 1/4 inch tubing under the 'light end'. We got it just inside the door and in the middle of the garage and neither of us was up to moving it further. I think that is where it is going to stay. It looks good right where it sits. I will spend a few hours going over it tomorrow (later today) with my PDF manual in my hand making sure I identify everything. Bits and pieces of the Vari-Speed mechanism is in boxes. I will be using the VFD for speed control for now but I would like to repair it later on. It is now 2:30am on Saturday and I am too jazzed to sleep.

Almost like having a new child in the house isn't it? Looks like a nice machine!

Hi welcome to the site, there a nice lathe even if you have to fix it some. Hope it's better then it looks dirty. Sometimes grime helps it protects from rusting.

Back