New Lighting Source

jroma1

Active User
Registered
Pict0011A.pngPICT0014.JPGPICT0015.JPG

I finally found a good way to light my milling machine it always seemed a problem on how to secure a lamp to the machine. I wasn't to happy with the idea of trying to secure a lamp to the head stock or anywhere else on the mill. A few years ago I purchased a lamp from Harbor Freight that had a magnetic base which was attached to the side of the head stock,this proved to be awkward. ( See First Photo)

After some searching I found a 21" gooseneck that was available on ebay for $11.95 plus $5.80 shipping,which cost less than the first lamp. Photos 2 & 3 will show how the new lamp is mounted. The bracket is made of 1.5" x 1.5" x.125 angle iron and because the top of the stand extends several inches beyond the main body of the stand the bracket had to be reinforced with the same angle bkt placed at a 45 degree angle

I intend to get another lamp for my drill press

John

PICT0015.JPG PICT0014.JPG Pict0011A.png

That worked out well and should give you lots of light, I had done something similar to a mill I had, but I was going through bulbs at an alarming rate, even the rough service ones, I had to make a big grommet from a couple of layers of 1/4 mud flap, that fixed the bulb situation, it didn't seem to vibrate but it must have been.:thinking:

View attachment 77711View attachment 77710View attachment 77709

I finally found a good way to light my milling machine it always seemed a problem on how to secure a lamp to the machine. I wasn't to happy with the idea of trying to secure a lamp to the head stock or anywhere else on the mill. A few years ago I purchased a lamp from Harbor Freight that had a magnetic base which was attached to the side of the head stock,this proved to be awkward. ( See First Photo)

After some searching I found a 21" gooseneck that was available on ebay for $11.95 plus $5.80 shipping,which cost less than the first lamp. Photos 2 & 3 will show how the new lamp is mounted. The bracket is made of 1.5" x 1.5" x.125 angle iron and because the top of the stand extends several inches beyond the main body of the stand the bracket had to be reinforced with the same angle bkt placed at a 45 degree angle

I intend to get another lamp for my drill press

John

I've seen this same lamp on Ebay & am considering getting several for my machines. I like your setup. The one(s) I saw were for sewing machines & available in different voltages.

Back