New Leblond Lathe

The servo shift system is great to work with when it works ..... But for about $357 you can convert this to a manual shift and never have an issue with the electronics ever again :) Leblond sells a kit to switch it over. The biggest fear is a failure with the shifting cylinders and having it drop into 2 gears at the same time causing damage.
--jamie this is mean't as a note --my leblond operates like this. the control handle that controls the spindle rotation and direction is mechanically connected to a five position drum switch. lets call the middle position ''OFF'' MOVE THE HANDLE to the next detent and this is the ''brake apply'' position --move even further and this will turn off the brake apply circuit and send power to drive motor and spindle will start turning in one direction. now go back to neutral or ''OFF'' position and -spindle will stop . here we can move handle in opposite direction --note there should be a mechanical inter . lock which you will have move out of way before control lever will move in opposite direction . go to first detent and brake will apply then to second detent and spindle will rotate in opposite direction. guess that's enough confusion for now -there's a little more to add later but that is the 5--positions which i have on my le leblond. servo-shift . hope this helps for now . steve in mt.
ps - pls. call if u have any ques.

Back