New lathe cleaning

Those types of checks should be done. Your manual should have a set up section. Follow it to the letter. it's there for a reason. What you are saying is about as far as I would go with a new lathe. Do not do anything other than clean and perfom checks by the manual to the Spindle area. This will come after it has been run for a while. Preloads are factory set but can be checked if you wish.

I also use Lighter Fluid to remove cosmolene. It's user friendly. Now get back to work, yer burnin daylight. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

"Billy G" :whistle:

Those types of checks should be done. Your manual should have a set up section. Follow it to the letter. it's there for a reason. What you are saying is about as far as I would go with a new lathe. Do not do anything other than clean and perfom checks by the manual to the Spindle area. This will come after it has been run for a while. Preloads are factory set but can be checked if you wish.

I also use Lighter Fluid to remove cosmolene. It's user friendly. Now get back to work, yer burnin daylight. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

"Billy G" :whistle:

Yes, I plan on checking all the adjustments that's in the manual. I also will do the break-in, which is run it in each gear forward and reverse for 10 min, than change the oil out.

Daylight needs to burn, I can't work on it till tomorrow.:))

Thanks,
Jonathan

The best way to clean it is to get a handful of rags and a spray bottle of WD40. Spray it on, then wipe it down, paint and all. I wouldn't use anything like Simple Green or Purple Power as both of them in concentrated form will attack the paint. WD40 won't attack the paint like the other cleaners will. It will also protect it against moisture later on.

Back