New Guy from GA.

Hi Gasmith, don't know much about guns, my Dad left me a few- Bersa is one of 'em, plus a nice double shotgun and a few others
Mark S.

Lot of good machinists here, plenty of expertise whatever you need help on
Mark S.

I live in Woodstock and work in Roswell.

Welcome to the forum!

Have not had as much shop time lately as I wish I could... I run a small heating and AC business (and during the summer it is hard to find time for much else).

On the firearms subject... I enjoy shooting, albeit not competitive (keeping scheduled meetings weekly is difficult with my business).
I like CZ's... have a 'tactical' and a P09... although my preferred is a Beretta 92A1

I live in the Norcross/Duluth area...

Perhaps when AC season is over (around October)...
Us metro Atlanta folks could get together...

Welcome to the forum!

Have not had as much shop time lately as I wish I could... I run a small heating and AC business (and during the summer it is hard to find time for much else).

On the firearms subject... I enjoy shooting, albeit not competitive (keeping scheduled meetings weekly is difficult with my business).
I like CZ's... have a 'tactical' and a P09... although my preferred is a Beretta 92A1

I live in the Norcross/Duluth area...

Perhaps when AC season is over (around October)...
Us metro Atlanta folks could get together...

Sure thing man. The Beretta is something I can do also. Wilson is making some good stuff for them now.

Sure thing man. The Beretta is something I can do also. Wilson is making some good stuff for them now.

Yes, Wilson makes some cool stuff for Beretta's...

So far, I have a slightly lighter hammer spring and a fat hogue grip... I have chunky hands, so a fat grip works for me.

Hope to make a range visit over the holiday weekend.

Did you make the NRA show downtown in April... WOW that was a LOT of walking... yet grand fun!

Yes, Wilson makes some cool stuff for Beretta's...

So far, I have a slightly lighter hammer spring and a fat hogue grip... I have chunky hands, so a fat grip works for me.

Hope to make a range visit over the holiday weekend.

Did you make the NRA show downtown in April... WOW that was a LOT of walking... yet grand fun!

Yeah I did. I was networking in my own back yard. One suggestion about the Beretta, Wilson is making a complete kit for them that has a trigger bar with an overtravel stop that needs to be fit. It also comes with a reduced power trigger spring and choice of 3 reduced power mainsprings. If youre using the 2 lightest ones, its important to use a lighter hammer. Beretta makes a skeletonized hammer that is cheap (or you can machine a factory one).

Yeah I did. I was networking in my own back yard. One suggestion about the Beretta, Wilson is making a complete kit for them that has a trigger bar with an overtravel stop that needs to be fit. It also comes with a reduced power trigger spring and choice of 3 reduced power mainsprings. If youre using the 2 lightest ones, its important to use a lighter hammer. Beretta makes a skeletonized hammer that is cheap (or you can machine a factory one).

THX...
I think I have read about that kit... saw a video of a kit with lots of trigger parts for a 92... made a mental note to look into it this fall.
I would LOVE to get into gun-smithing... however am a bit 'gun-shy' Flustered about the record keeping part...
May buy you lunch this fall and get you to explain it to me.

Need to run a few calls... I suspect when the rains go and it warms up over the weekend... my phone is gonna start ringing again:
'Our AC is out... can you come now?' :confused:
Was hoping to get some misc stuff done around the house.... :cool 2:

Hi everyone, first post here. I work as a gunsmith and have been trained in some machining and have also worked in a machine shop doing precision grinding. However, I have a limited amount of experience. I was wondering where the best place to start on the forum would be if anyone had possibly posted tutorials and/or videos that would help me to brush back up. I havent touched a lathe or mill since '08 and need to get back into it to grow my business. Any input is appreciated. Also, anyone who wants to discuss gunsmithing, go ahead and PM me.
Ulma Doctor gave some excellent youtube resources. I'd like to add 'this old tony' to the list: very informative, and he's actually figured out a way to make tutorial videos funny.

Nice to have another Georgia boy on the site!

Regards,
Terry

THX...
I think I have read about that kit... saw a video of a kit with lots of trigger parts for a 92... made a mental note to look into it this fall.
I would LOVE to get into gun-smithing... however am a bit 'gun-shy' Flustered about the record keeping part...
May buy you lunch this fall and get you to explain it to me.

Need to run a few calls... I suspect when the rains go and it warms up over the weekend... my phone is gonna start ringing again:
'Our AC is out... can you come now?' :confused:
Was hoping to get some misc stuff done around the house.... :cool 2:

The paperwork and licensing is indeed the worst part.

Back