New G0602 Setup

Off topic but IMO, the forum is definitely worth supporting. I waited for several months before becoming a supporter, the first year with $10 and ever since with a $25 donation. With over 43K registered users (as of 2022), if everyone were to contribute, it would greatly enhance the operating budget of the forum.

Edit: I realize that some of our members are retired and/or on fixed incomes. I am one of them. But a $10/yr contribution is less than the cost of a meal at a fast food joint or a couple of drill bits or an end mill.

Last edited:
I just ignore the requests for bank account linkage.

In my opinion, this forum is worth supporting. I've received a whole lot of knowledge and help from here. So I try to help others here with what I've learned and experienced, to pass it along.
As to pay pal I did that and the limited my account to the point of un-usability so no longer using it. I would love to support this sight, does anyone know of another way to pay than PayPal?

As to pay pal I did that and the limited my account to the point of un-usability so no longer using it. I would love to support this sight, does anyone know of another way to pay than PayPal?
Maybe we can create a new thread on this? Don't want to dilute this one. In the off-topic area I would imagine, as it is not really machining related.

i'm redesigning my compound and looked at his but am concerned that instead of pulling the base of the compound slide down onto a solid surface it clamps the round column that the compound base is attached to, i just think that is more places to flex where when the base of the compound slide is pulled down you have a larger footprint so longer moments to increase rigidity.

Any thoughts on this?
This is the type project where I would like to have a surface grinder, set up and grind the 2 mating surfaced truly flat. I have read a lot about guys having issues with rigidity and it makes me wonder if some of the issues have more to do with the machining of the mating surfaces.... :confused:

Back