new DRO for a J head

Clogs

Registered
Registered
HI all, if it's not 2 late all the best 4 the NEW YEAR,
decided to bite the bullit and buy a DRO for my Bridgport J head, made my choice and ready to order but the guy now tells me 4 another $200ish I can have it with a Graphic Display…..is it worth the money ?
so I'm new to all this electronic wizardry and never used one before (just a hobbyist), dont plan as yet to do to much PCD work although have two jobs waiting,(I'm learning as I go )….
but also have no wish to upgrade after buying the cheaper standard unit and finding out it's what I should have done in the first place……I have had to make some sacrifices to get this DRO (on a pension thats not so hot) and don't want to waste my money
either way…..
anyone used one ? what do you think ?
help please…
thanks Clogs……...

I have a graphical display on my mill. I really like the graphical display as it makes the specialty functions (bolt circle, line hole, etc) much easier to use as it gives you a visual diagram. Makes it quicker to use for me. But it in the end it functions the same as the non graphical display I had on the mill before. I'm very happy with the upgrade but then again the upgrade did not cost me anything.

Now for my lathe, I don't have a graphical display & I don't desire one.

Back