New DIY tool chest

You say you built that for less than $100?? I'll offer you $150 for it, no questions asked!

Seriously, nice work.

Harry

Very nice! I'm working on a tool chest too. It's coming out pretty well, but nowhere near as well as what you've managed here. :winner:

I want to know where you shop for lumber and hardware, looks like closer to $300 worth of material where I shop. LOL
Beautiful work !!!

I want to know where you shop for lumber and hardware, looks like closer to $300 worth of material where I shop. LOL
Beautiful work !!!

Well, ok. :eek: I noticed the last time I was in Rockler, they had the brass card holder/drawer pulls for $20.99 each. I found them for $2.79 here. The lower drawer card holders are also very reasonable at Lawless - just one example of why search engines are your friend!

I do admit (as well as state on the website listed below) that the larger drawer bottoms were made from some pegboard I had on hand, as well as the brass knobs were left over from a kitchen remodeling job. A full sheet of 3/4 oak veneer ply is about $47. I got some really nice high end ballbearing drawer guides on ebay for pretty cheap as well.

Also, I did have some, but not all, of the 1/2 oak on hand as well. If you had to buy everything, including glue, sandpaper, polyurethane, etc. I agree you might go over budget, but still not by all that much. Compared to a $1200 Gerstner or Snap-On, you are still doing pretty well.

Thanks everyone for the nice words of encouragement.

Wasn't intending to giving you a hard time about it. It is one beautiful piece of work. Bask in the glory.:whiteflag:

You Sir, Do outstanding work. :thumbsup:
It looks too nice for putting tools inside. I wish I had the skills to build such a item. Super nice job!

Back