new cnc router

maineshops

Active User
Registered
I'm planning to build my second cnc router. where is a good place to get linear bearings? being retired, cost is a factor. thanks Dan

I think your gonna find your best deals on ebay. When I was building my cnc plasma table a few years back, I did a lot of shopping around, and I found some rails with the bearings, used for a very good price. There are a lot of vendors that resell this used syuff on ebay. Shop around and be a little patient. There's also vendors that sell new chineese stuff too, for very reasonable prices. This is an area where american made can be triple the cost.

Marcel

thanks Marcel...i have looked on Ebay and found stuff from China but shipping costs are high and you pay return shipping too so that's out ...i'll keep looking and am in no rush. i really don't need it . i just would like to correct some mistakes i made on the first one. another reason is i can't get this one away from my wife. Dan

Try vxb.com for new linear bearings. They are out of California and sell Asian bearings. Shipping is very reasonable. I've bought stuff from them and found the quality to be very good.

My experience with vxb has been positive as well, though ball bearings and not linear.

Igus has alot of selection. I've ordered from them before. They have inexpensive to insane gear, and everything in between.

Back