New Clausing 6913 - Gear box engagement lever fixed!!!!

Take a picture of your setup from this angle please. Does your 00-50 collar have a cutout relief area like mine(just above the handle in my pic) the manual doesn't show the cutout I have, maybe mine has been modified or the manual isn't accurate on that part, since it shows the pin. Anyway to see where the pin is at, you would need a mirror, or remove it to see where it's located, if yours is built the same way, and mine wasn't modified at some point. The pin is suppose to be in the 382-039 "lock anchor hub" you don't have to disassemble the assembly to see where it goes. It's external on the lock anchor hub. My serial number 601610 so it should be the same according to manual, unless this was a "fix" at some point in it's lifetime.

Attachments

• 20240310_203000.jpg
    20240310_203000.jpg
    371.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 20240310_202924.jpg
    20240310_202924.jpg
    380.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 20240310_202905.jpg
    20240310_202905.jpg
    334.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 20240310_202823.jpg
    20240310_202823.jpg
    337.8 KB · Views: 3
Yea my collar is the full diameter/circumference, with no cutout/relief area like yours shows. It sure would be nice to access/see that without having to remove the entire assembly, so yea maybe yours was modified for a similar reason. Thanks for the pictures and details, again, it's definitely part of my problem and having to do the workaround by marking the lock anchor hub so I don't allow the cradle gear to fall back down again. If it does, I have found no other way than to drain the whole gearbox and remove the gear engagement lever assembly/lock anchor hub to get under the cradle gear and rotate it up & mesh the teeth with the 2 gears on the shaft. I may leave that part for another day so I can get a few parts done that I've been waiting for this to get repaired enough to turn some parts for my mill. Thanks for the pictures and feedback, again, as well, it is much appreciated.

Too bad it wasnt cut out. Makes me think maybe theres something internal that could, or should, be fixed to prevent the problem and this was the "workaround" to do it easier. Maybe one of out machines had that part break somehow and got one off a different serial number. We will probably never know. If you ever go to tearing into it again, maybe I could remove mine and send you some dimensions and pics to help you cut yours so you dont have to fight it any longer.

Yea, I wish it was cut out as well, it just simplifies any troubleshooting and replacement without having to disassemble as much of the assembly. I will let you know when I tear into it next, once I get some of these parts done that have been waiting in line I can look at doing it again, maybe. Thanks for all your help so far!

Yeah your welcome. I forgot to say this earlier but the gasket I made out of gasket material I picked up at O'reillys(I think) If memory serves its a thin paper gasket that was on mine. Dont have any leakage there so its worked for several years(and will start leaking tomorrow probably!!!)

Ok perfect, Thanks, that's where I was leaning for a replacement gasket. Yea it was pretty damn thin for a gasket, good to hear yours worked. Lol yea don't say that too close to the machine or it might start leaking all the sudden, ha ha.

Back