new chinese DRO question

terryw123

Registered
Registered
I have a new 3 axis Chinese dro (http://www.tpactools.com/3-Axis-Package_c_14.html ) and the manual is about worthess.

I'm gonna have a hard time explaining what I want it to do but I will try. I'm only using 2 axes on my lathe. My question is on the cross feed. I want 2 referance points. On my old lathe I had 2 glass scales on the cross feed. Using the X and Y axes, I could use each scale for a different reference point. How can I have 2 reference points on one axes?

I'm not sure if I understand you 100% but the absolute & incremental mode would give you a quick 2 references. Absolute mode is default, set your position & zero. Then go to your next position, switch to incremental & zero. When you need to reference either positions just hit the ABS/INC button.

Since you have a universal DRO (not lathe specific), there's also the SDM function. It's really a mill function but you can use it on the lathe too. SDM allows you to set multiple references. There's videos on YT showing how to use the SDM function. Every DRO might function a bit different but it should be somewhat similar.

Thanks Darkzero I think after watching the videos I can make it work on my lathe. Thank You.

Back