New Bike Project - Yamaha Fz750 1985

Micke S

Active User
Registered
I've just bought this bike as a winter project. It is a lot more capable bike than one would expect. I gave 800 dollars and the bike was approved i recent MOT, new chain and gears and a Clymer manual. Plus some new spare for future needs as extra pads, fork seals and bearings and seals for the water pump. It is released from road tax and a full insurance is 100 dollars per year since it is a veteran.

DSC05886.JPG

Nice bike Micke, especially at that price. As I recall they handle pretty well. Cheers, Mike

Yes, I was quite surprised that it handles so well. Much closer to a modern sport bike than one would ever expect. It is a 20 valve inline four, which has an exceptional power band and makes it feel more like a 1000 CC than a 750.

A good indication of the condition of a motorcycle engine is to check the camshaft lobes for wear and pitting. I'm happy they look so good in this bike. The intake valves are too tight so I'll fix that today.

kamaxel 6300 mil.jpg

very ingenious method of getting the shims to size!
very nice work!:grin:
det är trevligt att se någon återställa den gamla 80-talet gamla motorcyklar.
ditt arbete och verkstad är mycket trevligt att se. tack för att du delar med dig!!
alla de bästa, god vän

I think I've been mentioning before that my shop facilities are mainly used for the 2-wheeler hobby. Here is a pic of two Yamaha bikes with several generations in between but sharing the same color scheme. The YZF R6 to the right is cosmetically fine but needs a good tune up with new tires, sprockets and chain, brake maintenance, oil change and a valve check.

DSC05997.JPG

DSC06002.JPG

Old rear sprocket
DSC06000.JPG

Back