New Belts For A G0602

bosephus

Registered
Registered
Guys I need new belts for my G0602 .
I know the proper size belts to get and if it was an emergency I could just go buy a replacement at the local auto parts store easy enough.

But if there's a better option then a run of the mill v belt I am all ears.

I did consider something like the fenner power twist belt ... but price wise it's way out of my budget

If this is a single belt machine automotive belts are not all that bad, they are rough service, if you buy Gates and not the bargain brand. If this is a multiple belt machine then you need a set of belts that are matched lengths. These are best sourced from a bearing house or other drive line supplier.

The g0602 does use a single belt .

I made a trip to town today and picked up a gates power plus belt and a regular gates automotive belt .
I can't say I'm pleased or displeased with either , both have a very obvious thump when running, but no worse then the Chinese belts that came with the lathe .

any other suggestions on a quieter thump free belt .

And to be fair ... I couldn't hear it at all until I went with a vfd and things got noticeably quieter , but now that I can hear it it drives me crazy

Sure that it isn't a flat spot or imbalance in the pulley that is making the thumping noise?

Guys I need new belts for my G0602 .
I know the proper size belts to get and if it was an emergency I could just go buy a replacement at the local auto parts store easy enough.

But if there's a better option then a run of the mill v belt I am all ears.

I did consider something like the fenner power twist belt ... but price wise it's way out of my budget

The low speed belt broke on a Sunday.Had a power twist belt on hand, worked fine and never did bother to buy another belt.
mike

Back