New Atlas Cross Slide (a-11)

Looks like that would be a very handy setup. Mike

That is beautiful.
R

The knife I'm building for Ken should end up looking something like this...the blade will be a bit shorter and wider, and the handle a bit shorter. This particular one was for a guy who wanted an exceptionally long handle...
Twede_one_David.jpg

Twede_one_David.jpg

Twede_one_David.jpg

Twede_one_David.jpg

Twede_one_David.jpg

Twede_one_David.jpg

It is a nice addition to your lathe. It does make using your milling attachment easier as you can mount it in the center of the slide. I did have issues with a QCTP on mine as it will raise your compound and if you use 1/2 hss tool bits it is hard to center them. I was able to fix some of my issues but I had a 12" lathe and I think you have a 10". One thing you will want to do is change the square head set screws out on your compound with Allen head ones. I looked up a thread that I replied to for pics and I see you are the one who started it. http://www.hobby-machinist.com/threads/new-qctp-hits-top-slide-on-my-new-th54.36813/#post-314012

Clayton,
I took you up on your suggestion on where to eat. Snoopy's Pier at Padra Island. We enjoyed it. Thanks for the suggestion. Ken

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Sunday during Spring Break...shoulda been busy but the scenery would be nice!

Sunday during Spring Break...shoulda been busy but the scenery would be nice!
Afterwards, we took a short drive down the beach front for about a mile, I don't think I've ever seen that beach that crowded before in my life! Saw better scenery at Snoopy's than the beach! Of course, I was driving, couldn't take my eyes off the road.:big grin:

Where did you get the new cross slide?
I'd like to get one like that to put on my 12" Craftsman Commercial.

Back