New Acquisition - Buffalo No. 22 & Marvel No. 2

NinjaMouse

Registered
Registered
I got both of these machines from a company that is ISO9001 and their safety auditor said they can't use them. I picked them both up for $400. This is the very first time that I've ever said "Thank God for the safety man" after a quarter century in the oilfield. The Marvel No. 2 is in perfect working order and sits on a very heavy tray with really good casters. I've never seen one with a tray like that, so I'm curious if it was an option or shop made. If it's the latter it was a very good shop.

The Buffalo drill press is three phase. I don't have this at the shop so I ordered a static phase converter. I don't like computer chips, so I opted for the ole' capacitor, relay solution.

I didn't get a manual for either, but easily found on for the saw. I can't find an actual manual for the drill press, though. Well...I can pay $40 for one onFeeBay, but I'm hoping not to. If anyone has a link or scan of one I'd sure appreciate it.

buffalo22.jpg Marvel2.jpg

Nice catch! That is a heavy duty drill press. I looked for one for a few months without success. Looks like yours is a model built in the US.

That's more info than I had before. And welcomed at that. Thanks, Alan.

Thanks, brino. I did see those documents. I was excited when I first saw that second one on your list, but it's more of a brochure. Definitely worth printing and reading, though.

Good score, the saw looks like the tray was part of it . But then it still looks to be added , tuff call unless YA find a listing or pictures. But don't matter it will do it's job as long as it gets a little lube every so often.

Oops, I guess I better give up my quest for ISO 9001 certification -none of my tools qualify. Good looking DP and saw!

Good score. Nice well built heavy duty machines.
Cheers
Martin

I finally got my static phase converter installed. I had to lower the voltage on the motor to 240 volts and then change the starter coil and heaters, but she's turning now. I had to carb clean the heck out of the feed gearbox to loosen up the release yolk for the auto-shutoff to actually shut off. All of the gears look really good.

Two issues still remain. The press has been in back-gears since I got it and no amount of force, to this point, has allowed me to get it out of back gears. I also, unfortunately, have about 15 thou run-out at the end of the morse taper end.

Back