New 935 Is Running!

It's on the stand and sitting right about where it will stay. Need to get it leveled, install the x-axis power feed, and start planning the DRO install. I stepped up this time to a 3-axis El700 with touch probe.

Thanks Chris for all the help.

IMG_0680.jpg

Here I was trying to get a shot of the screw and nut assy, and noticed there were two gibbs and screws?!?! Then realized the top one is a reflection. The underside of the table is literally a mirror.

IMG_0678.jpg

Hmmmm....Looks like plenty of room in there for a ball nut :grin:

Dude, can I wear this one out first? ;)

Bill at the rate you go, you will need another mill by July of this year! I'm just glad you don't live any closer to California as your shop may cause a major quake ;)

Not moving to CA. I'll be moving into your back yard. ;)

I like the blue on the base. Can't tell from the angle of that pic, do your lights come past the spindle line, i.e. shine on the front of the work?

When are you going to break the z handle? From what I have seen over the years, that must be a requirement of all knee mills.:confused 3:

The blue was Chris' idea. Looks pretty good.

The lights come just forward of the spindle at the moment. But with the mag bases on these Deltas I can position them where I need them for different jobs.

Z handle? You mean the knee handle. I've not seen those broke. Stabbed myself with one a few times... ;)

Yes. The knee handle on all 8 BPs I have been around was welded where it had been broken by some miscreant.

Hopefully, I won't do that. My 12z still has both of the x-axis locks after over a year of me using this thing. ;)

BUT, if something did happen, Eisen is selling a cool looking chromed handle that would probably fit right on there. :rolleyes:

As long as you get in a habbit of pulling the handle and flipping it you shouldn't have to worry.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Back