New 2015 Grizzly offerings

i just got my new master catalog ... the little 8inch southbend lathe is shown at a steeply discounted and discontinued price
It has been "heavily discounted" for the last two years... $2300 in the 2013 catalog and $1965 in the 2014 catalog, IIRC. The CEO is on record saying that he is losing money on this lathe and is discontinuing it.... but he must still have a warehouse full. Cute little machine.

What is strange is that this is the only lathe of the "South Bend" line made in China instead of in Taiwan, yet it is still significantly more costly than comparable size other Chinese lathes. Fit and finish are definitely a step above other Grizzly lathes made in China.

I was just on Grizzly's web site and noticed that their 7x14 lathe, and G0758 as well as G0704 mill are no loner being listed. Have they stopped selling them? I was kind of split between the G0758 and Taig 2019ER. Guess that one requires no further thought... They did slash the price on the 7x12 lathe was $625 now $495.

I was just on Grizzly's web site and noticed that their 7x14 lathe, and G0758 as well as G0704 mill are no loner being listed. Have they stopped selling them? I was kind of split between the G0758 and Taig 2019ER. Guess that one requires no further thought... They did slash the price on the 7x12 lathe was $625 now $495.

Thay are all in the new 2015 catalog. It appers thay are redoing there web site. I was looking acouple days ago and thay where there then. The 704 is one of there top sellars it isn't going away anytime soon

Give it a few days. They try to transition from the 2014 to 2015 catalog on 1 January, and it takes a while to actually get it all updated. I noticed that the SB Heavy 10 no longer shows up, and that the "New Products for 2015" banner doesn't show you everything new yet.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]
I was just on Grizzly's web site and noticed that their 7x14 lathe, and G0758 as well as G0704 mill are no loner being listed. Have they stopped selling them?
[/FONT]
All still offered:
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]7x14 G0765: $595 + $79 S&H[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]G0758: $850 + $99 S&H[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]G0704: $1195 + $99 S&H ($1750 with dro)[/FONT]

Yes, I noticed that. The G0768 now seems to have a more reasonable price.... so many things, so little money in my pocket. But ain't that always the way?

I'm considering the G0795 mill. Has anyone done any comparisons on it?

Back