New 12z Owner Here

Got a little more done tonight. Finally had a small window of warmer temperatures to get some paint on the stand started to get cold so I didn't finish it tonight. But I did get it mostly primed. Its a few layers of 2 different etching primers, then some primer sealer. 86412bebf568111b64b20b15fb2d45a0.jpg
I turned it upside down sprayed the legs and bottom side first since nobody will see the bottom its ok if it gets a scratch or two it isn't the end of the world. I'll report back after it is finished.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Nice. Yea you guys have been getting a bunch more snow than us up here NW of Denver. Better you than me... ;)

I dont mind snow. Its freezing wind that pisses me off..

Got a few more thinks knocked out today, the stand had paint on it! e68abf66510484cf694335af8a1a8334.jpgaaddcb8d2fcb9f1eb231f4292c284cc2.jpg64a097e088e088358953b29dd4bb4a22.jpg70c44bb67519358cf16a082fef063535.jpg

I also started on my chip tray. That was a little interesting because I do not have a brake. So my dad and I improvised. We started with a 36" x 48" 14ga sheet of hot roll. Traced out 2" off each side then formed a cardboard template and cut a v into the corners. Then the tricky part, bending. We lined up the edges to be bent with the edge of the welding table, used a 1x1 sqaure tube and clamped it all to the table. Started out with a 2x4 and a hammer. That wasn't working so we tried a 2x2 square scrap from the legs of the stand. Still no luck, we ended up using a special welding clamp to bend the steel clamping about 3" at a time. After a few hours of bending and beating into submission and black magic we came up with this. 6d02e1742e604b51f4b7b841efe7468f.jpg5fdad5224607e7ffeb8d6d4f603579e8.jpge31253c156563c58ec86d77e7278bf0b.jpg11630b71e44682c9b2bc2ab0affe127d.jpg

That's all for tonight I'm tired today was a long day. I'll get the chip tray drilled, fitted, and painted next weekend. Hopefully just in time for a mill to sit on it.

Last edited:
You probably notice in some of the pictures of painting the stand we had a propane heater. We masked off our parts washer, and toolbox basically turned the garage into a paint booth and cranked the heater up we sprayed at about 90deg then turned that thing up full blast and baked it at about 120 for a couple hrs. Freezing cold air has never felt so good after sweating to death in the garage.

So you are a part time blacksmith now too? LOL. I bent my chip pan in a press brake but I didn't have the right length die so the last 3 inches I used a crescent wrench to tune up. I didn't worry too much about getting the edge pretty, I figure it's going to take a few knocks anyhow. Hear any update on timing yet?

So you are a part time blacksmith now too? LOL. I bent my chip pan in a press brake but I didn't have the right length die so the last 3 inches I used a crescent wrench to tune up. I didn't worry too much about getting the edge pretty, I figure it's going to take a few knocks anyhow. Hear any update on timing yet?
I wouldn't say I'm a blacksmith by any means, and my dad does auto body so he is used to hammering and shaping steel. He bent most of the chip tray, Then I welded it and cleaned the edges. However I do have a blacksmithing project coming up... As far as updates the mill came to port on nov 23 but was held due to thanksgiving. I spoke with Paul on the 2nd, he said the container would be there in the next day or two and would update me when its ready for shipping. I'm hoping for it to ship early this coming week but I'm not holding my breath.

So basically you can expect a snow storm the week your mill is supposed to arrive? Every heavy piece of equipment I ever get it rains that day. rain.gif

Hey Chris,

Don't hold your breath. Trust me, it doesn't help. It will get there soon, and once there all of the waiting and frustration fades quickly from memory.

We will both be working on our mills over the coming holidays. :D

Back