New 12 Z Mill Charter Oak Automation

gearhead406

Registered
Registered
I just got my new mill into my garage ordered some nt 30 tooling had to wait for the tool holders to get here, took 3 weeks from china. bolted a vice to the table.
I had the machine wired for about three weeks now. My wife keeps making fun of me because whenever i walk by the mill I have to turn it on to still see if it works. So my tool holders come in i get one set up and decide to make a few T-nuts. Get through about 1/2 of a T-nut and smoke starts pouring out of the motor.Double check wiring. that is all fine motor is junk. hope this get resoled soon. It took me six months to even get the mill from when i ordered it. The mill will be cnc'd but still need the mill in order to make parts while I'm cnc'ing it. Any others have a problem like this with their machines.

Sorry, no motor problems to report on mine. Mine came with the 3hp motor upgrade. Is yours 2hp or 3? Not that it matters, as they need to replace that motor ASAP. Ask Paul for a upgrade to a USA made motor! :D

mine is 2 hp for now. I did buy a 3 phase 3 hp motor but need other motor to make parts for the motor conversion.

Is your 3hp motor the one from CO? Or one you bought?

It is one that I had purchased but has a 1 1/8 in shaft diameter.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back