Needing to tool up, looking at comparisons.

Yeah that PM1440 is a bad ***** if I had the cash that's prolly the direction I'd go make sure you add a dro

Yeah that PM1440 is a bad ***** if I had the cash that's prolly the direction I'd go make sure you add a dro
After looking here, their website, and on Practical Machinist, Im heavily leaning towards it. This will be for a shop that is attached to a range and is ooking to become one of the premier spots in the Southeast, possibly the country. Its not my cash, its the investor's. Buying a new machine will be easier. The reason i asked the question is because I had written new machines off as of poor quality. I didnt realize I learned on a Taiwanese machine and that Taiwan was making good stuff. If I get one, it will have DRO and the whole 9 yards.

Sweet!!!!! I've seen guys talk trash on the grizzly's I've had no issues with mine. I chamber using a range rods when it's zero it's zero I also use a floating reamer holder with piloted chamber reamer. I've noticed my chambers are always tighter than my buddies using the same reamers.

I don't own a PM or a Grizzly, I bought a 14x40 Jet, that came from China, its been great, so much so, after seeing and using mine, 3 of my friends bought the exact same lathe, all of them are thrilled with the performance.

I don't own a PM or a Grizzly, I bought a 14x40 Jet, that came from China, its been great, so much so, after seeing and using mine, 3 of my friends bought the exact same lathe, all of them are thrilled with the performance.
I've heard great things about jet I'm actually looking at their Bridgeport clone

I've had a Jet JVM 836 milling machine for over 10 years, its been bullet proof, still as tight and smooth it was when I got it. Its the small 3/4 scale Bridgeport clone, it has its limits, but it does evrything I've asked it to do. I used it to remove a couple of broken bolts out of a SBC block. As with all equipment, there are times I wish it was bigger, but other times, it perfect for the small shop. I've added X, Y, and Z power feeds and a 4" riser block (a no longer available Grizzly part).

Buffalo20 that great to hear most my work will be hobby level gunsmithing but you know how that goes lol

Well, mine is gonna be more than hobby level. This is gonna allow me to make a better living so I need it to be good.

Call Matt at QMT and pick his brain. He will steer you in the right direction even if it isn't buying one of his machines.

Well, mine is gonna be more than hobby level. This is gonna allow me to make a better living so I need it to be good.
If you have no shortage of money why are you asking questions on a hobby forum?
If indeed you want the best look at a Mazak Integrex, it will do all of the gub work that you need and then some.
By the way gub is a joke from the Woody Allen movie Take the Money and Run.
A Mazak Integrex may be seen here , it will make the guns for you.

Last edited:
Back