Needed a tap , ordered a spiral tap from Amazon, from Guhring vendor

woodchucker

Registered
Registered
UPS sent it back as refused. So here I am mad after waiting a week that UPS sent it back w/o attempting delivery. The MobilMet 766 (thanks Ken) came under the same order , and a bosch jig saw for my son for Christmas under the same order but different delivery. Both of those had no issues.

After finally speaking with UPS I find out that Guhring doesn't use the shipping label provided by amazon, they do there own. I had to pay for shipping. Well they eliminated the 1st and 3rd line of the address. I am sure they won't refund me the shipping. 1 WEEK to get NOTHING but a bill for the shipping. This is holding up a project, I needed a 12-28 tap that I didn't have. Sometimes you wonder what idiot decides that 1 line is all that is necessary to ship a product. I can't figure if this a computer error, or human error. Either way, I am very upset. My luck with Amazon and patience is wearing thin. It's proving not to be worth the hassle. I tried with MSC for this, but they were so far out on shipping charges for both the MobilMet and tap.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had enough issues with "fulfilled by Amazon" that I try to only buy products that are actually sold directly by Amazon. Not many issues I'll admit, but it's a PITA every time it does happen.

I have no love for Amazon fulfillment either. A couple of years ago I purchased a set of what were advertised as General brand Swiss pattern jewelers files, a twelve piece set. What I received instead was a nine piece set of diamond needle files in a pouch, plus three loose files that were duplicates of some of the those in the set, making for a total of 12 pieces. I sent them back immediately as they were not what I ordered, not even close. The worst part of it is that like Jeff, I had to pay for shipping both ways. Needless to say I haven't purchased anything through Amazon since then, and will not in the future either.

What is bad, my wife works for them and it is so bad that she is tired of me ordering stuff and not getting what I ordered or the wrong stuff. She says for me no to order my machining stuff from them. I have had everyting from the wrong thing, to empty packages.

Have to say I've had pretty good luck with Amazon. As we live out in the tullies, it's become my go to source for many things. My wife has prime, and most stuff ships free. This time of year can get a little iffy with shipping, and a lot of temp help. Mike

I had an order scheduled for delivery on Saturday. On Sunday night at 11:35 pm I received email stating it was delivered at 11:30 pm. Never happened. All Amazon could offer was a refund.
Every time I receive a package from Amazon it’s delivered by a different driver.

So far, knock on wood, I haven't had any "no-shows" or surprises with my Amazon Prime. Now, I just ordered a last minute Christmas present that said it would be available Dec. 20th. Figured with two day shipping I would get it Friday. Got a email last night and said it would deliver Tuesday Dec. 26th! Wait a minute, that's not right, so I went in and changed it to 1 day shipping for $7.98. It changed it to Friday Dec 22nd. We'll see if they keep their promise.
BTW, woodchucker, if you still need a 12-28 tap, send me your address and I'll put one in the mail for you. I make no promise if you will get it in time or not,. You will get a tap!

I use Amazon Prime significantly and have good success. I am cautious of the myriad of vendors using the Amazon portal for collecting orders. I usually stick with "sold by Amazon" or "fulfilled by Amazon" and have very few problems. If I step out beyond that, I check the vendor ratings carefully.

I have found the customer service using this approach to be very good. I use an Amazon Prime Visa card and get 5% back on Amazon purchases and rebates elsewhere as well.

If you have a Fastenal near where you live I suggest you give them a try, they do offer high end brands as well as the cheaper Chinese ones, the good thing is, you place the order by phone or email, and go pick up your item within 48 hours in most cases, the longest I have had to wait was one week for an OSG end mill to be sent from the manufacturer in the US.

https://www.fastenal.com/products/d...9 Spiral Flute Taps"|~ ~|sattr01:^5pound12$|~

Last edited:
Back