need to level 7 machines

Arky

Registered
Registered
I finally have aquired all the machines i bought from a shop in Texas. Now i need to level all these machines. I have 3 lathes, a 26 x 160 Victor, 17 x 80 Summit, and a 15 x 60 Andrychow " tug-40 ". Also need to level a Cincinnati-Bickford 9" x 3' radial arm drill (single base), a Rambaudi mill and Bridgeport series I mill. And last, but not least, a 24" Steptoe shaper. I have a 12" Starrett master level and 1,2,3 blocks. I have leveled a few machines before by placing level along flat ways and then across ways on blocks at the leveling screw locations. The Victor has 16 of these - 4 each on front and back of headstock ( haven't done one of those before ), nor have i leveled a shaper. I need to clean and would like to paint the Summit before i put it into use. Any help with these items would be welcomed. Thanks guys, Arky

I finally have aquired all the machines i bought from a shop in Texas. Now i need to level all these machines. I have 3 lathes, a 26 x 160 Victor, 17 x 80 Summit, and a 15 x 60 Andrychow " tug-40 ". Also need to level a Cincinnati-Bickford 9" x 3' radial arm drill (single base), a Rambaudi mill and Bridgeport series I mill. And last, but not least, a 24" Steptoe shaper. I have a 12" Starrett master level and 1,2,3 blocks. I have leveled a few machines before by placing level along flat ways and then across ways on blocks at the leveling screw locations. The Victor has 16 of these - 4 each on front and back of headstock ( haven't done one of those before ), nor have i leveled a shaper. I need to clean and would like to paint the Summit before i put it into use. Any help with these items would be welcomed. Thanks guys, Arky

Are the ways close enough together to reach across the 26x160 with a 12 inch starret? You may need a set of parallels to reach across the ways. I would level the headstock to the the main Z way and the across each pair of leveling screws in X then I would go over it a few more times untill it didn't need tweeked or untill I had to start backing off.

Best I can do

Itt

Back