Need Some 6F Power Feed Motor Help

Rick_B

Active User
H-M Platinum Supporter
Gunrunner you need to order a set of these for the Z axis hand crank. Bill did you just spit coffee on your monitor? :rofl:

View attachment 253356

Last edited:
Hey Rick,

I think you are right about the two opposing O rings. Before I even got down to your description I was thinking that. They probably will burn up quickly and possibly cause it to bind. Mine of course didn't have any O rings.

So are you saying they are referring to the moving outer cover as the slinger? I would imagine you could use a thin feeler gauge to set the spacing between it and the bearing retainer. On mine I can't recall how it was set. I think for testing I just put it on and let go. (but testing didn't get very far.)

Paul

Paul - that's my theory (the slinger is the moving outer part). When I see the various motors being offered (new and used) that part seems to be the variable. I've psoted this question on a number of different forums and haven't got any responses other than yours so far. I'm kind of surprised about the apparent lack of information on this topic.

I wonder if one O ring is the right compromise?

Rick

Well I got the motor back together. I decided to leave both O rings out. When I put the slinger on there was no interference so I just tightened up the set screws.

I put the motor on the gear box but I'm not getting any mesh between the motor shaft worm and the gear box worm gear.

Paul - did you have to do some adjustment to that and, if so, what was it. It seems the only adjustment is to slide the worm gear in but I can't get it to move?

Thanks
Rick

Rick, I wish I could tell you what I did... But I never got that far. It was still blowing fuses. The board was OK ...but now I've shipped the motor off to the same place to see if it's shot. When I was testing I was doing so without the motor mounted to the gear box.

Paul

Back