Need Snap-on Drawer Slide Parts

Sharky

Active User
Registered
Looking for a source for the drawer side runner for a Snap-on KR560 cabinet. I got replacement slides from Snap-on under warranty, but the drawer portion is worn out. <br />
<br />
ab97f5c01e7a7cbb0a2253eb5f84646b.jpg<br />
<br />
The rest of the box has been all refurbished, new ball bearing slide for the bottom drawer is on its way. Just need to fix the one drawer to finish the project. <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

ab97f5c01e7a7cbb0a2253eb5f84646b.jpg

I needed some parts for my Matco box, and after a couple of emails, had them free from the factory. I got absolutely nowhere dealing with the truck guys, since I don't buy much off them anymore, but the factory was more than helpful. I was willing to pay for the parts, but they wouldn't hear of it. You might get somewhere with customer service directly with SnapOn.

Those parts no longer exist and were not separately available 30 years ago when that box was new.

About your only option other than to build new is to drill out the rivers, try to reshape the channel and weld any holes up, or you could turn it upside down and it might work better

Looks like that piece is almost integral with the drawer, assembled permanently at the factory. If NLA, you will have to make one......but that's what we do, right?

The c channel is spot welded to the drawer and inside of the cabinet. I hoped to find a replacement but not looking good. Luckily the very bottom drawer was a ball bearing drawer. I will use that as a guide and retrofit the other into a ball bearing slide. The only issue is the bearing slides are screwed in and there is a welded nut inside the double wall cabinet. I'm thinking rivetnuts will hold the weight and not strip out the cabinet on the drawer I'll through bolt it.

Any chance that you could convert the remaining drawers over to ball bearing slides? I have a box similar to yours and always thought it would be nice to have ball bearings on the whole box as the standard slides get kind of sticky when you get a lot of weight in them.

Looks like that piece is almost integral with the drawer, assembled permanently at the factory. If NLA, you will have to make one......but that's what we do, right?

It is a separate piece as described by OP

Any chance that you could convert the remaining drawers over to ball bearing slides? I have a box similar to yours and always thought it would be nice to have ball bearings on the whole box as the standard slides get kind of sticky when you get a lot of weight in them.

I don't know that there is clearance, but when I get to my next stop, I will use my secret decoder ring to see if we list a substitution

I know, P T. That's why I said almost. I know how they are built. I was suggesting that since we are machinists, we make things, and just to craft a replacement.

I know, P T. That's why I said almost. I know how they are built. I was suggesting that since we are machinists, we make things, and just to craft a replacement.

I wasn't sure if you knew I was driving a Snap-On truck

Back