• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Guest,  We want to wish You and Your Family a Healthy, Happy Thanksgiving! Click the "X" at the top right corner to remove this notice)
  • PLEASE: Read the FORUM RULES BEFORE registering!

Need new headstock sleeve bushing

Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

westsailpat

H-M Supporter - Premium Member
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
I have a 6" Atlas/Craftsman 101 . 07301 . I need a new head stock bushing . Where can I get one ? What is the size of the spindle ? It would really help me out to know that so that I don't have to take the machine apart , mic it and put it back together and then make something fit . Thanks , Mark .
Well a little searching around , I found a guy say .912 x .8125 x 1" . Is the bushing the same at both ends ?

Last edited:

wa5cab

Downloads Moderator
Staff member
H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
Pat,

No, the bushings have different part numbers (download the 101.07301 manual PDF from DOWNLOADS). Left is L2-14. Right is L9-14. You can of course get them from Clausing.

Although we have the Timken numbers for the bearings in the other lathes and mill, I can't find any place where we have the bearing dimensions for the sleeve bearing 6".

Z2V

Pat,
Have you changed your bushings yet? I have the same machine and I'm thinking I'm in the same boat. I did see that the bushings are still available from Sears online, probably drop shipped from Clausing. I'd like to hear how you made out replacing them.

westsailpat

Haven't done it yet Z2V , I was looking at a Sears site and it said no stock I would really like the link you are looking at . I was also looking at this place http://www.advancebronze.com/?gclid=CJfAp6S2mtMCFQiUfgodKLQCjw i would rather get them from Clausing / Sears . Mine are not good at least the one closest to the chuck but if I tighten up the clamp it works good .
Ouch, all I have to do is look . Thx for the part # Robert . I think I will order both , thx. for the push Z2V .
http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part-number/L9-14/0009/101.html?pathTaken=partSearch&q=l9-14

Last edited:

wa5cab

Downloads Moderator
Staff member
H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
Z2V,

You can also buy the bushings directly from Clausing, usually for less than from Sears. The M-F number for Clausing is 800-323-0972. Tell whomever answers that you want Old Atlas Parts.

Z2V

I like the idea of talking to a real person on the phone to order things. Will give them a call.
Thanks Robert

[6]
5 [7]