[Newbie] Need Input On Next Purchase

I use 2 lathes at work. one with a dro one with out. Shure the dro is nice but I can live with out it. The power feed for the mill not so much.

I use 2 lathes at work. one with a dro one with out. Shure the dro is nice but I can live with out it. The power feed for the mill not so much.
Okay. So we are at 5 for the DRO and 4 for the power feed. Not the clear cut answer I was hoping for. Thanks for the in put though.
You have a nice set up. Hold onto your cash. Look for "opportunities" - whatever shows up.
What are you doing that you "need" either one? If you can answer that question, then buy what you know you will get quite a bit of use out of. Strictly speaking neither of those are going to increase what you are able to do.

A DRO on a mill is really, really, really nice (as Andre pointed out) - and you already have that. A DRO on a lathe? - I don't think it is a big deal. I have a DRO on my small mill (and it is awsome) - it didn't come with one, but it is pretty obviously an useful tool.

I have 2 lahtes. I have never use a lathe with a DRO, I don't think it would be nearly the game changer it is when applied to a mill.

Power feed for the mill? Again, a nice feature, but not a game changer.

I gota go with the power feed on the mill. But have never had a DRO on a lathe. I would go with the power feed on the mill because it will save you $ on tooling..........cutting tools will last longer when run at the proper chip load per tooth.

Tim

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Well just buy both :laughing: See how I like spending some else's money. :dollars:

Back