Need Help - Grizzly H5940 Rotary Table.

I have the 6" rotary table.The manual for the RT is on their website,try it for the 4" RT.
I have 3 plates , most RT's have 3.
I screwed up and ordered one of those 4" rotary table with indexing plates from Grizzly. It arrived today. Made in India, some parts look decent and some look like what you'd find on a shelf at the dollar store.

No instructions. I asked the online chat if they had anything that would help me assemble it, or unlock it, or use it, or anything else that would make it less than a paperweight and they didn't have any but said the technical support people could help me. Rather than kill a cell phone battery getting instructions online I thought I'd ask here first.

It came with an indexing plate installed - or at least attached. I don't know if it's on correctly as there is a piece between the crank and the indexing wheel that just spins around. There are two little toggle locks - one on top and one on the side. If I loosen one I can turn the table by hand. If I loosen the other I can turn the handle on the indexing plate a few degrees. That wheel seems to be some sort of cam, or it's seriously out of whack. That's all I've figured out. Googling brought me an instruction sheet from LMS for a different style table. Can anyone walk me through how to use the indexing plates, and how to remove them and put the other regular handle on before I chuck it out the back door onto the growing pile of broken and misfit toys?

thanks
Joe

Joe, I checked the Grizzly site for your RT, no manual,and your RT is discontinued. Go to their site and type in H7527 in the serch box.This is the site for the 6" RT that I have.It appears to be pretty much an exact copy of your 4" RT.
Download the manual, it will get you on your way.Also the RT should have come with 3 dividing plates, clearly shows them on their website.Worse comes to worse you should contact Grizzly about an exchange or refund.When a tool or accessory is purchased it should clearly state if it is a discontinued tool and no support is forthcoming.
I own a number of Grizzly tools and accessories , I also bought a 4" rotary table without dividing plates. Then several years later when I needed them I found out that the model I bought does not take them.Not a problem for me because I bought a larger mill that needed a larger RT.
mike

Did you figure out your H5940? I acquired one with a used Grizzly mill. I have downloaded the 6" manual for reference. I will probably start with a piece of scrap and drill a bolt circle.

Would like to see what others have made.

Thanks, Joe

h5940 is listed on Grizzly site, there is a chart showing what turns/holes on plates to use for different spacing; the 1:72 ratio on this little table is very unusual so regular 1:90 tables won't work. Here's a link to the tables for this unit: https://cdn0.grizzly.com/specsheets/h5940_as.pdf. There is also a parts list available but no manual.

Back