Need a dimension from a PM-1030V owner for my stand design, please

xtphreak

Registered
Registered
I'm planning (slowly) to get a PM-1030V on order soon, but I need to complete a stand so I have somewhere to mount it.

I need the height of the cross-slide wheel axis from the plane the lathe is mounted to.

My intention is to design the lathe stand so the lathe cross-slide wheel is about my elbow height once it's mounted.

Anyone with a measuring device want to assist?

I have a 10-30, but its in Ohio and I'm in the Netherlaands.... Sorry, If when I get back,, (Mid November) you don,t have an answer, and I remember, I;ll get it fir you. (typo's due to a damaged fingerf.)

I can & will measure this for you at 9:00 AM PST.

I can & will measure this for you at 9:00 AM PST.
I appreciate the offer.

I'm on nights this week, one out of 8, so I might not see your reply in an expeditious manner.

PM says their stand is 30" off the floor, but my elbow is about 43" off the floor, so it seemed a little low.

Thanks in advance!

Ron

I have a 10-30, but its in Ohio and I'm in the Netherlaands.... Sorry, If when I get back,, (Mid November) you don,t have an answer, and I remember, I;ll get it fir you. (typo's due to a damaged fingerf.)
Hope it's not your "digitus mediaus".

You know, the one you use to convey social antisocial messages.

Ron

The axis of the cross slide handwheel is 38-3/4” off the ground. I have a PM-1030V factory stand, & the surface that the lathe mounts to is 30-5/8” as I carefully measure it.

Hence, the answer to your question is 38-3/4” less 30-5/8” to get 8-1/8”.

image.jpg

I did a sanity check via a direct measurement, & I also got 8-1/8”.

Now I have carefully triple checked, & it is 8-1/8”. Put it in the books!

FYI I am 5’, 9” tall with a 32” inseam, & for me the cross slide handwheel really is *right in the sweet spot* for my comfort as positioned in the measurements above.

I also have a PM-1660TL with a factory stand, & the axis of it’s cross slide handwheel is 38-1/4”.

Last edited:
Back