My workshop in the Bunya Mountains.

Mutawintji

Registered
Registered
My Shed: The Box !

In shipping parlance containers are known as 'boxes'. My shed is a box.

I live fairly remote, in the Bunya Mountains, 20klm to the pub, 50 klm to the shops. The Box has to serve in a number of roles, store, maintenance workshop, and garage.

Because of its limited size everything has a place and everything is (mostly) kept in that place.

If you 'right-click' on these images and select 'view-image, you should get a much larger view with a magnifying glass.

17074894-lg.jpg

17074895-lg.jpg

17074896-lg.jpg

First I have to get the Bush-Pig out before I can even get in .... Haaaaa

17074893-lg.jpg

There are no posts, and nothing is ever kept on the floor. This allows free movement and also I can get 6m lengths of steel into and out of the box, and work on them on the benches.

17074900-lg.jpg

All the power and powerboards I ran under the main bench so there are no leads to get tangled up while working.

17074906-lg.jpg

17074905-lg.jpg

I made a catenary out of a rope which I tautened inside across the long length of the box. I used an old tomato stake to cut up for the guides ..... There is nothing flash about the box. It is really just made from angle-iron, MDF, and the ubiquitous tec-screw. (that fix all for anything)

17074901-lg.jpg

17074902-lg.jpg

The Power Tool Store.

17074903-lg.jpg

The Main Workbench .........

17074897-lg.jpg

17074899-lg.jpg

Hope you enjoyed ...

Greg

Neat, in every sense of the word. Must be peaceful.

Thank you peoples ... Nothing flash ... But easy to work in and the view is always there, wherever you look.

I have a Sieg 3 and am liking this forum. I also hope to buy a mill. But whether to buy a Taig or a Turret ... Thats the question.

Cool bananas ... Greg

Nice ,
I see you are a fabricator with fine taste,as i see a Fronios there.Do you run it off a jenny?
Best of all I admire the obvious lack of neighbors.

Ozwelder

Nice ,
I see you are a fabricator with fine taste,as i see a Fronios there.Do you run it off a jenny?
Best of all I admire the obvious lack of neighbors.

Ozwelder

Hi mate ... Yes, the fronius is one of the few inverter welders that can run off a jenny and is humidity proof as well ... Also got a nine inch fein grinder. The reason is simple ... For my 'tools to see me thru retirement' I just bit the bullet and bought the best quality I could .. I figure they will see me through to the end.

But I have power to the shed, tho that wasn't an easy install, 300 metres underground and across a ravine.

I figure that all your life you work for others .. So a few years to go to retirement ... So why not the best for me ... Haa

I am also going to buy a mill and a lathe ... But until I can decide on the size I am making do with the Sieg 3 ... Which is not so bad once you learn to like it.

Cool bananas ... Greg

- - - Updated - - -

I see your not far from me ... Just up the road.

greg

i'd bet you have critters in those bushes you wouldn't like to meet in the dark. nice layout of the "box"

Great layout and use of space. I love the electrical cord setup. I will have to find an excuse to make one. Thanks for posting these. Just incredible.

Jeff

PS I see a welding helmet but no welder. Are you holding out on us :LOL::LOL::LOL:

i'd bet you have critters in those bushes you wouldn't like to meet in the dark. nice layout of the "box"

Last weekend .... working late into the night, it iz 50metres (70 yards ?) to the shack from the shed. Only me and the stars, or so I thought. Then two wild boar start fighting somewhere outside the shed, but nearby, in the pitch black. Arm myself with the wood axe to get to bed ... haahaa.

Then a Dingo starts howling, others join in ... all night the chorus goes on, they must have found a kill and are partying. The next day they start up on the other side of the mountain. But mostly my critter visitors are the red-neck wallabies.

This one iz only 3 metres from the shed doors, but they are very shortsighted and as long as I don't move he can't see me.

Great layout and use of space. I love the electrical cord setup. I will have to find an excuse to make one. Thanks for posting these. Just incredible.

Jeff

PS I see a welding helmet but no welder. Are you holding out on us :LOL::LOL::LOL:

No ... The welder is an inverter welder, Fronius ... photo 10 down from the top. Great welder .. best stick welder I have ever used.

Thank you both for kind remarks.

Greg

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome shop, Greg! Nice set up and very well organized. Running electric power 300 meters underground and across a ravine? That must have been a fair amount of work!

I have to ask - does it get hot inside during your summer months? I don't see a fan or AC in the pics.

I also liked your multi-exposure Bush Pig shot!

Back