• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • PLEASE: Read the FORUM RULES BEFORE registering!

My Workman (G0602), my way

master of none

H-M Supporter - Premium Member
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
Hey Fitterman 1,I have the same lathe and the same problems it's really good to have you here at HM and your knowledge of this
lathe this is going to solve a lot of headaches that I have about this machine, I really like it but the little problems it has drives me
insane ,thanks a lot Rick

fitterman1

Hello Rick, don't worry too much about the little problems, you don't need the stress. Enjoy your machinetool and when something about it bothers you, sing out and I'll help you as much as I can. I'm sure others will pipe up with their experiences and ideas. There's a lot of info on this lathe floating around on the net and what various other owners have done to overcome its shortcomings.
If you find a fault then write it down on a paper and list it in an order of priority to repair/modify so you know what you've accomplished. When you've finished the work (and remember it will take some time to complete) you'll be proud of the fact its your machine done your way.
Have a look at the work this guy does, this is inspirational. And it just happens when you are confident with your machines.
http://www.clickspringprojects.com/
regards Alby

Last edited:

master of none

Hey Alby,I've been making small fixes a little at a time but you gave me better ideas and more practical way of fixing things I appreciate that,thanks Rick

Dabbler

WOW I admire your skill and thoroughness! I love your base as well - Brilliant tailstock adjustment!

Container Above bottom breadcrumb