My Weekend Project

WRMILLER, google 45Raptor, it is what you seek.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, thanks. That is a heck of a cartridge. I may have mis-read, but Satern Machining says you have to order 10 barrels at a time?

Cool cartridge.
What i have against it is the same thing i have against .458 SOCOM and others. While the projectile is common, the brass is not readily available and therefore not at all cheap.
Leastwise not as cheap as chopping off .308 or .30-06 brass.

Wrat

I think it was $75 for 250 pieces on that Raptor 45 site. Definitely not cheap. But...this is billed as a large-game hunting cartridge, not a cartridge you go out and blow through several hundred just plinking on a a weekend. Or so that was my take. :)

Update: After some more research it looks like I'm going to build another top end for my AR-10. In 45 Raptor. (I think it was the picture of a bullet hole in a piece of 3/8" plate @ 50 yards that did it. Looked laser cut)

I think it was $75 for 250 pieces on that Raptor 45 site. Definitely not cheap. But...this is billed as a large-game hunting cartridge, not a cartridge you go out and blow through several hundred just plinking on a a weekend. Or so that was my take. :)

It's $215 for 250 brass but I too like this cartridges. :D

Back