My Taig Workshop

I started a new thread and couldn't figure out how to delete this post.

Last edited:
hi i'm new to this site and really do like it alot. anyway here is a couple shots of my little shop i live in a 12 x 52 mobile home. my shop is the old master bedroom 12 x 12. i hope everything is ok for my first post
shop 006.JPGshop 015.JPGshop 008.JPGshop 018.JPG

shop 006.JPG shop 015.JPG shop 008.JPG shop 018.JPG

Hi BKtoys,
Great looking and well equipped shop. And your post was just fine. The pics are great. I have a Sherline and have been thinking about a small mill. The Taig seems more robust than the Sherline...
Maurice

I would think that a 12x12 space with the size tools you have would be great. The nice thing about have your shop in a trailer would be kind of nice, everything on one level. Oh, and welcome to the site.

Alandelena, you have a real nice setup also. There is nothing wrong with a small shop. I also have a small shop area 14x20, but with full size tools.

Great looking setup. I really like how they upgraded the Taig Y axis on the Mill as it should be a lot more modular now with built-in T slots and such. Love how you added the height on the Lathe too, may I ask what motor and controller you're running on that?

Thanks,
Dave
Hi Dave the motor and conttoler is a commecial sewing machine from ebay. the mods were simple. i took all the electronics and put it in a radio shack box replaces the foot switch to a 2.5K pot. then i extended the motor cables here is 2 new pics005.JPG004.JPG

005.JPG 004.JPG

AlanDeana and BKToys ..... great little shops .... will post mine too.

Thanx for sharing them ... its good to see how others work their shops.

cool bananas ... greg

I'm currently getting ready to move....right now I'm wishing my mill and lathe were this size...LOL.....

I'm currently getting ready to move....right now I'm wishing my mill and lathe were this size...LOL.....

Steve, I hope I've moved for the last time- but I moved my Heavy 10, Hardinge TM, and a bunch of other crap three times now!

Just need a few friends, car jacks, dollies, and a load of straps. Uhaul trailers, and the $7 dollies are the best!

Bernie

Steve, I hope I've moved for the last time- but I moved my Heavy 10, Hardinge TM, and a bunch of other crap three times now!

Just need a few friends, car jacks, dollies, and a load of straps. Uhaul trailers, and the $7 dollies are the best!

Bernie

Luckily, this is a government move...so they pack everything up for us. However, they are NOT used to dealing with heavy stuff. In fact, we get penalized bigtime if we go over the weight allowance, which I am seriously stressing over.

So, I have to break down my VN12 into table, knee, ram, etc. and take those with me in a minivan! The column I am entrusting to them, hoping that they can move it with an appliance dolly. The SB lathe is broken down into chunks. Lots of tools, welders, tables, etc. that the "average guy" doesn't have.

I'm a big fan of snagging milk crates from behind gas stations...LOL. Those things are incredibly strong, and make excellent vessels for stuff like chucks, headstocks, etc.

Back