My Saw Isn't Working Right????

Brino
I had a similar experience on my '87 GMC S-15 pickup. I was driving along and suddenly had no power steering. Had to drive that way for 50 miles to get home. Reservoir was full, belt was tight, pulley was turning. That led to the assumption that the pump had puked. Once the belt was removed, I put the puller on to remove the pulley, and the pulley came out in my had along with much of the shaft. Replaced the pump, had no more trouble. Could not figure out why the shaft had sheared. Sold the pickup about six months later. After reading your account of the same situation, I wonder how often that happens and what is the cause. BTW, what was the pickup that had the experience with you?

Ha when I read the title and saw the pic I thought you where trying to cut metal on a meat saw Was going to say Da :laughing: but then read the post.

My grandfather used a Biro meat saw for quite a bit of woodworking. With a good blade it will do quite a lot.

Brino
I had a similar experience on my '87 GMC S-15 pickup..................BTW, what was the pickup that had the experience with you?

Sorry Randall, since you didn't quote me and I had not "watched" this thread I received no notification of your question.
Mine was a 1999 Dodge Ram 1500.
Better late than never. ;)
-brino

Back