My Rice burner Trike

Twisted Patience

Registered
Registered
P1000466.JPGP1000467.JPGP1000468.JPGP1000469.JPG

This is my GS850G Trike "Twisted Patience", she's getting a bit rough now but that's because I ride her everyday come rain or shine.
All brass work made by me except the rev counter which is a Rolls Royce side light (the bit hanging off the tank).

I've had this trike for about 20 years, five engines, two frames, two front ends.
She's been written off once by a woman driver.
Will do a standing quarter mile in 12.99 seconds and has a top speed of about 115mph.

Hope you like her I know I do.

P1000466.JPG P1000467.JPG P1000468.JPG P1000469.JPG

Sweet!!!! Nothing like a good old scoot to turn the old ladies heads and get there tongues waggin too. You know they just cant not say anything when you go riding by. It just depend on what they are actually saying. Though with those pipes I doubt you could hear them anyway.... Thanks!!!

Bob

Five motors ,two frames , two front ends in twenty years I would call her perseveance or Percy.
How do you get around the EU no modification laws ?
Keep your knees in the breeze and ride safe.
******************G******************:bash:

Five motors ,two frames , two front ends in twenty years I would call her perseveance or Percy.
How do you get around the EU no modification laws ?
Keep your knees in the breeze and ride safe.
******************G******************:bash:

EU mod laws are not UK laws (yet) and I hope they never will be, I'm a member of the Motorcycle Action Group that tries to keep them at bay and at the moment we are winning!

I try to only use second hand parts although I had to buy new tanks and coils, make parts whenever I can from scrap, rear view mirror is made from a 75mm shell case, ignition cover from a 30mm case and the second frame was custom made to my design it's wider using larger diameter tube.

It's not as loud as you might think but depends on how you ride it, will spit flame on over run and backfire but I like that.

New parts in the making are headlamps made of 10mm sheet T6 aluminum and I am hoping to fit a pair of Krauser panniers soon when I finish the daughters Totrod.
IMG_0048.jpg This is before I started customizing the car.

IMG_0048.jpg

Last edited:
all three are pretty neat. is the girls car an old replica or ? its really cute.

I had to look up "Krauser Panniers". This side of the pond we call them saddlebags.
With all the room you have on the back I would make a custom trunk {Boot?} wheel to wheel and fit the fenders to the sides. Look up Servi-car made by Harley.I made one out of aluminum diamond plate for a sportster trike when I had my bike shop. I will look for pictures and post later if I can find them.
Love that totrod and judgeing by the smile your little girl does too. Does that oval emblem on the radiator say "Ford" Even looks like it's got a "Droped front axel". More pics please of that project.
*************G**************
P.S. Just saw your post count. Let me be the first to say "Welcome Aboard" :eek:uch:

Fantastic trike!! It looks very industrial. Have you thought about putting more weathered brass on it and going for a steam punk look?

Fantastic trike!! It looks very industrial. Have you thought about putting more weathered brass on it and going for a steam punk look?

This was built before steampunk was recognized, if I find more brass I will fit it but it is heavy most of the aluminum on the trike is T6, I may use very thin brass overlays.

We use saddle bags too, panniers are the hard version bolted on, like your HD Baggers, as the trike is a softtail I didn't want too much on the back axle and I'm not too keen on the big boot idea (it did have a boot when I first built it from a Reliant Robin (look it up on Google))

Will start a build thread on the Totrod as I'm still building it, it started as a £300 replica Model T ford pedal car (you can still buy them) and was donated to me by a friend at work, it's a bit bent in places ie front and back axle big dent in the bonnet but more of that later.

2_picture5_217.gifEarly photo of trike with car engine.

3bsrally24.6.06%20029.jpgSame trike a few years later.

2_picture5_217.gif 3bsrally24.6.06%20029.jpg

Back