My Pocketwatch

I keep a little set of shelves in my shop. It is my museum of failures.........The failed cutters get their own shelf

That's a neat idea.....not to torture the maker, but more like trophies of what I tried and learned did NOT work.
When I see some of my old failed parts I realize how much I actually learned from the attempt.
However there is no way that all of MY mistakes could be smuggled out in a pocket.....

Thanks again for sharing all this effort and for the fine close-up pictures!
-brino

Last edited:
I'm following this too. I too have a collection of broken thinks but mainly auto parts. I'm thinking about trying a wooden escapement for my first clock. Not sure were to even start with clock making.
Jack

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

I like your attitude about making your cutters and use of your time, a real craftsman. Nice work.

I used to live in Bristol, CT and have seen and fixed some old time tooling used way back when Bristol was the clock making capitol.

I second Tommy D ^
Just the fact that you took the time to create your own cutter from scratch when they're readily available online in most common watch sizes speaks to your dedication and craftsmanship.

I'll be following this thread as well and hopefully learn a thing or two from you as I undertake my clockmaking projects.

Just found this thread, excellent work. Subscribed.
I also attempt to make as much as I can but not in the micro catagory:immersed:

Back