1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. PLEASE: Read the FORUM RULES BEFORE registering!

Dismiss Notice

My New To Me 6-12 Deluxe.

Discussion in 'BOYAR-SCHULTZ CORP.' started by NCjeeper, May 25, 2016.

1. NCjeeper

NCjeeper United States H-M Supporter - Premium Content H-M Supporter-Premium

City:
    Charlotte
    State:
    North Carolina

-Return to Top-

I just brought one home and was wondering if anyone here has the manual for this model. Especially the dust collecting cabinet. I found the standard manual on Keith Rucker's site but nothing on the deluxe model.

2. tjr6257

tjr6257 United States Iron Registered Member

City:
    Sonora
    State:
    California

-Return to Top-

I see this post is kinda old but I'll reply anyway. I too just bought a 612 deluxe, having never used or owned a surface grinder I'm slowly figuring stuff out. The one thing I'd like help with though is the oilier system. Does yours have one? I wonder if an oiler is what makes it the deluxe model. I've seed different varieties of oilers on other B/S grinders but no info online; mine is cylindrical in shape with a glass or plastic face where you can see the oil level behind it. It's stamped 220v on the back at top, it has what looks like a metering dial on the top and maybe a drain on the underside. It has a power cord going to it so I think it's automatic. Does it run by itself continuously when on or what? Any help would be great. How do you like yours NC? Thanks

3. NCjeeper

City:
    Charlotte
    State:
    North Carolina

-Return to Top-

Mine has a Bijur oiler. Its square with a pump knob on top to give the ways a shot of oil by hand. Not sure about yours. You might want to post your question in the general forum and see if anybody is familiar with it. I was under the impression that the dust collection cabinet underneath the grinder is what makes it a deluxe.

4. tjr6257

tjr6257 United States Iron Registered Member

City:
    Sonora
    State:
    California

-Return to Top-

Good idea, I'll post it in the general forum. Mine doesn't have the dust collector. So I guess your oiler is strictly manual no power going to it? Thanks

5. NCjeeper

City:
    Charlotte
    State:
    North Carolina

-Return to Top-

Correct.