My New Mill PM-45-PDF

Daver,
As you requested, here are some plans for the rolling base I drew up this morning. I just gave the major dimensions on the drawings. You should verify the dimensions of your base before any cutting or welding. I used 2" 3/16 wall square steel tubing for the frame and some pieces of 4" 1/4 thick angel for the end pieces. The square tubing is stitch welded together along their lengths to form the compound box structure that forms the front and rear of the base. 2" 3/16 wall square tubing ties the front and rear together and provides a surface to support the cabinet edge. This is also where the cabinet is bolted to the base. The diagonal braces on the end pieces are made of 1" 3/16" thick steel bar stock. Anyway, I think that between the photos of the stand and the cad drawings, you should get the idea. The drawings are not to scale. The dimensions given are accurate to within 1/8"

This mill is causing me to learn some new skills. I have a small amount of experience with doing cad drawings. I played with Autocad a little a number of years ago. It took me a few hours to draw up the plans for the base, but it was time well spent. When I was in college, we were still doing drawings by hand! The program I used is called Solid Edge 2D. I downloaded It for free from their web page. Anyway, here are JPG's of the drawings. You will want to save them to your computer then print them out for best resolution. I can email anyone who wants the native .DFT files.

Mitch

Mill Base 1.jpg Mill Base 2.jpg Mill Base 3.jpg Mill Base 4.jpg

Last edited:
Here are the CAD files in ZIP format. The forum software will not allow me to post the native .DFT files. You will need to save and unzip them. You will also need a CAD program to view them.

Attachments

• Millbasecad1.zip
    83.2 KB · Views: 118
  • Millbasecad2.zip
    84 KB · Views: 118
  • Millbasecad3.zip
    79.4 KB · Views: 104
  • Millbasecad4.zip
    76.6 KB · Views: 103
Nice mill. I was actually looking to purchase one of these but it's out of stock

Haric,
Thanks for the complement. You may want to look at the 932 mill that Precision Mathews currently has in stock. From the pictures on their web site, it appears to be basically the same machine, but with a power head lift motor. I'm almost finished converting mine to power head lift.

Good luck in your machine hunt!
Mitch

Mskobier,

I just purchased the pm32m without pdf. Can't wait to get it

Haric,
Fantastic! I look forward to seeing some pictures of it.

Mitch

Back