my new lathe

X-RAY

Active User
Registered
finally, after all this time i bought my first lathe today. dont get too excited, its just a hf 7x10. i know, i sound like im bragging about taking a fat chick to the prom, but i gotta start somewhere, and i dont have much room. this is for me to learn on, and since i dont know enough yet to tell good from bad, i went brand new instead of used. you fellas that dont like the china stuff, look at it this way- im not gonna be screwing up a good USA machine.:LOL: well, gotta get busy, theres lots of cosmoline to clean off.

Congrats! There are lots of mod's that are documented on the web to improve the 7x's. Have fun!

Congrats on your purchase! Having any lathe is braggable, I think. From what I've seen, you can make a lot of cool stuff with those 7x10s. I hope you will have lots of fun with it! Now...lets see some pics.

finally, after all this time i bought my first lathe today. dont get too excited, its just a hf 7x10. i know, i sound like im bragging about taking a fat chick to the prom, but i gotta start somewhere, and i dont have much room. this is for me to learn on, and since i dont know enough yet to tell good from bad, i went brand new instead of used. you fellas that dont like the china stuff, look at it this way- im not gonna be screwing up a good USA machine.:LOL: well, gotta get busy, theres lots of cosmoline to clean off.

Hey! Fat chicks like to go to the prom too!

Congrats on your new lathe. As has been mentioned there's a lot of info out there to really make them shine.

Enjoy!

Hey! Fat chicks like to go to the prom too!

Congrats on your new lathe. As has been mentioned there's a lot of info out there to really make them shine.

Enjoy!

and they can be a lot more fun than the skinny bi***** too. . . just sayin'

Congrats; any pics of your new machine ? would be nice to see,
George

You can do the same things with either one. Now as for the lathe, seams a good place to start. Better to have a small lathe than no lathe at all.

I've seen some unbelievable things made with that type of lathe, your going to enjoy it. I believe it's probably one of the most popular small lathes out there. To repeat what been said already there are countless mod's for it all over the internet.

Congrats, I too have small HF lathe, I've made lots of small projects on it. However I'm now looking at a Shop Fox 9x20 any thoughts on the FOX?:))

Back