My new G0463 Mill arrived and won't run.

It is too bad that your first encounter with Grizzly was not a positive experience. I have been buying from them since 2004, and have four or five Grizzly machines, and have always had good experiences.

If you don't want to deal with Grizzly again, you have some other choices. The Weis BF20 style of mill is about the size of the Sieg X3 that you bought (tried to buy) from Grizzly. Most owners have reported they found the BX20 series to be superior to the X3 series in fit and finish.

Grizzly's version of this is the G0704. But you can buy one from Matt at Precision Matthews, and it is better than the Grizzly model because it has a belt drive (of course, it also costs more):

http://www.machinetoolonline.com/PM-MV-BenchMills.html

http://www.g0704.com/index.html

You can (or used to be able to) buy this style from PenntoolCo, and maybe WTTool. Personally, I would go toward Precision Matthews.

Hi Marks

This Mill was the third machine I have purchased (tried to purchase) from Grizzly and I have also purchased tools, tooling and other equipment from them over the past several years. Up until this transaction I was a big fan of Grizzly and I am real disappointed to have had this experience with their equipment. I think that it is a real shame that their Customer Service Department did not try to make this right rather then trying to point the blame at me for the defective machines. I was also very surprised by that , and I have told many people what a great outfit Grizzly is. The problems with Customer Service started when I asked for a refund rather then another replacement machine and it did not help to get an inexperienced or just plain bad CS Agent on the phone. I am pleased that their Technical Department inspected both of the returned Mills and saw that they were both defective (circuit boards, both machines) and made the CS Department stop trying to blame me. I am looking forward to the day when I feel comfortable enough to get past this very poor experience and buy from Grizzly again (I dunno). I know for a fact that this is not the "Norm" for Grizzly sales and service. I doubt that I will ever feel comfortable enough to order another machine from them but maybe tools and tooling in the future. I now also worry every time I hit the start button on my electronic variable speed Grizzly lathe.

I ordered a Mill from Matt at Precision Matthews a few weeks ago and have put down a deposit. I am expecting it about mid-April give or take a bit. It is what Grizzly designates the G704 but Matt's machine (as you know) already has the belt drive and it comes with a brushless motor already installed. I am way behind schedule now and I am really looking forward to getting the new Mill. Thanks for you're posts concerning these issues.

Last edited:
Still no word on the refund of $122.00 I was told last Tuesday I would receive. I spoke with Pay Pal yesterday and they said that they have no refund information in the queue at this time. I will phone Grizzly Customer Service again tomorrow. I know for a fact that if they were very concerned about this issue that there has been enough time to have issued a refund. It only takes them 48 hours if they choose to go that route. ~shrug~

I spoke on the phone with Grizzly Customer Service this past Monday. They told me to give it another couple of days waiting for my refund. There is no refund issued to Pay Pal as of yet according to Pay Pal's CS Department. I phoned Grizzly customer Service about 9:00 AM this morning and was told that the CS Agent would contact the person in Missouri that was in charge of my refund. After a few minutes on "hold" the CS Agent came back to the phone and said that the guy in Missouri told her that he would release the funds today and to give it a few more days for my refund to reach Pay Pal. This whole situation with Grizzly has turned out to be pretty much a cartoon!

Back