"My little Jet deserves it for Christmas" present

Johnwright

Wannabe machinist
Registered
Well, it's pretty exciting here in beautiful East Texas. I broke down and ordered my 9X20 a QCTP kit and extra tool holders. No, this is not a present to me, rather for my lathe, I hope she likes it. I ordered from CDCO and the order was filled promptly, and an order number was sent to me with tracking info. I hope to receive the toolpost in a few days, and boy am I excited. I have now ordered items from CDCO, (although I heard that Frank is a grouch, but he sent me an e-mail personally) MSC, Enco, LMS, and Grizzly and I couldn't be more pleased with all of them. I hope it lasts. John W.

After an anxious few days, USPS delivered the Quick Change tool post I had ordered from CDCO. I drilled the small bolt hole in the compound slide to fit a 9/16 tap, threaded the hole in the compound, cut the head off a bolt and threaded what had been the head end of that bolt. The tool post (Bostar brand) fit perfectly with no other adaptations. I had been led to believe that I was going to have to mill some off the top of the compound, but that was not the case. Thanks to CDCO for their prompt shipping. Now, I just need to go make some more chips. I don't know why I cleaned it up just for a few pics. Have a great Christmas and New Year. John W.

image.jpg image.jpg

What a lucky lathe. Both my mill and lathe have been asking for DROs recently. I'm afraid one of them is going to be disappointed for little while.

Dave

Back