My Lathe Dro Just Arrived.

Yeah my lathe looked like it had the mumps with all the mag based dial indicators everywhere on it. Cant wait to rid them and get the DRO on.

That was the Packers - my favorite team since SuperBowl I. And there I was at a party in Scottsdale!

Beautiful well kept machine! Except, something is wrong..... It's just TOO clean, I mean you do use it, don't you?

CHuck the grumpy old guy

Beautiful well kept machine! Except, something is wrong..... It's just TOO clean, I mean you do use it, don't you?

IS THIS PICTURE ANY BETTER ? THIS IS WHAT IT LOOKED LIKE WHEN I GOT IT HOME

THIS MAXIMAT WAS BOUGHT NEW BY AN IBM LAB IN 1990 . THEY DIDN'T USE IT MUCH .
THEY ORDERED IT WITH ALMOST EVERY OPTION AND WITH A 120v SINGLE PHASE MOTOR !

MY DEPARTMENT GOT IT FOR FREE FROM SURPLUS BUT WE DIDN'T HAVE ROOM FOR IT IN THE SHOP .
SO IT SAT IN STORAGE FOR 6 YEARS . MY SHOP WAS CLOSED IN SEPTEMBER & I WAS LAID OFF .

ALL THE EQUIPMENT WAS SOLD AS A PACKAGE DEAL TO A FRIEND OF MINE , WHO PASSED THE
LATHE ON TO ME . IT GETS USED A LOT MORE NOW BUT IT ALSO GETS CLEANED .

DSC_0004.JPG

I got in a couple hours of shop time today. Removed the inaccurate Igaging system and started on hooking up the cross slide scale.

Since I got snowed in today and couldn't get to work I got in the shop and worked on the install. I got one scale finally mounted. I will have to move the lathe so I can get behind it to mount the other scale.
DSCF1139_zpsbpeyi1md.jpg

DSCF1139_zpsbpeyi1md.jpg

DSCF1139_zpsbpeyi1md.jpg

DSCF1139_zpsbpeyi1md.jpg

DSCF1139_zpsbpeyi1md.jpg

DSCF1139_zpsbpeyi1md.jpg

Since I got snowed in today and couldn't get to work I got in the shop and worked on the install. I got one scale finally mounted.

HERE IS HOW I MOUNTED MY Z SCALE . THE CABLES FLEX AS THEY RUN THROUGH A TRACK .
IT GOES DOWN TOWARDS THE TAILSTOCK AND THEN BACK AGAIN .

THE IDEA WAS TO HAVE THEM CONTAINED AND OUT OF THE WAY OF STRINGY CHIPS .

DSC_0432.JPG

DSC_0435.JPG

Back