My garden LED lamp

Marco Bernardini

Active User
Registered
After many issues (the square hole, etc.) at last I finished to repair the garden LED lamp I made some years ago after wifey complained there wasn't a light at the bottom of the stairs.
Here is a view in full light (I know, it's out of center! But I need a wider light angle on the right):

garden_lamp_1.jpg

The wall in the back is the bbq. The multicolor floor on the left was made by me with tile samples (and I got a lot of free MDF with them!). The door was painted by wifey: it has many colors because there was a lot of useless paint cans with just a finger of paint inside them.
Here is the mandatory night view:

garden_lamp_2.jpg

The LED strips are the waterproof ones made to be placed under cars to make them more "elegant" (???), as stated by Chinese eBay sellers.
The 240/12V transformer is inside an IP65 waterproof box placed in the back of the bbq.
Since the plastic cover of the box was ugly, I used an "original" Roman marble plate with a warning sign to cover it:

hic_est_electricitas.jpg

Someone even asked me in which museum I stole it :D

garden_lamp_1.jpg garden_lamp_2.jpg hic_est_electricitas.jpg

Very cool and fits in great with the area. What does it say?

Jeff

Very cool and fits in great with the area. What does it say? Jeff

Thanks!
The Latin text says «Here is electricity».
I copied the font from a Roman sign (a true one) and chiseled it by hand: marble is a soft stone.

Back