my first hardinge mill

777mechanic

Active User
Registered
i was at a estate sell and bought this horizontal mill , it came with a few accessories and the box of cutters as seen in photos . they where asking 500.00 and i got it for 200.00 so no matter what i do to it i can't loose because of how cheap it was bought . my plans are to strip it and check all bearings and replace as needed IMG_0325.jpgIMG_0323.jpgIMG_0324.jpgIMG_0326.jpg

IMG_0325.jpg IMG_0326.jpg IMG_0324.jpg IMG_0323.jpg

very good purchase--you can't find bargains like that very often---I'm waiting for pictures of your mill as you restore it--lots of nice cutters and accessories also---Dave :whistle:

i was at a estate sell and bought this horizontal mill , it came with a few accessories and the box of cutters as seen in photos . they where asking 500.00 and i got it for 200.00 so no matter what i do to it i can't loose because of how cheap it was bought . my plans are to strip it and check all bearings and replace as needed View attachment 59220View attachment 59223View attachment 59222View attachment 59221

Nice find. Tooling was worth the price alone. The previous owner took good care of it.

This prompts a question, and maybe someone will know: I see a long table with a single slot and a tailstock mounted on it. I have one of these tables, and I have a Hardinge spin index and tailstock. What is the advantage of mounting them on this table, rather than directly on the mill table?

This prompts a question, and maybe someone will know: I see a long table with a single slot and a tailstock mounted on it. I have one of these tables, and I have a Hardinge spin index and tailstock. What is the advantage of mounting them on this table, rather than directly on the mill table?

You can move the whole setup to a different machine without disturbing anything

Back