My Bridgeport head rebuild...was only top end now both. 2hp variable speed.

It's located on the top housing of the head between the motor and the draw bar

Ok thx mines just kinda half unthread and loose and I didn't want to mess with it till I knew what it did lol

This project didn't die. I'm cleaning up here and there a few minutes at a time before I put the head back on. I sorta got side tracked with the surface plate stand build...etc....etc. There will be pictures. Plus there are a couple of parts I will need to put on. Brake lever and the knurled fine feed knob.

Still planing on doing saddle and table rebuild with new screws and the rebuilt electronic feed that is waiting patiently in its shipping box. Table will get new screws and
nuts. During which I have to rebuild and clean the bjur oilier that is on the unit. So that will be in there also. After that the 3 way DRO install...Hope to use this machine this winter! I think it's getting close to a year having it...of course it took me a year and a half to get to use the little lathe...and I've got lots to do on that machine as well. It's in constant discussion with others on that...

Paul

Kinda fun, isn't it Paul?

You are going to have a really nice machine when all finished up.

Thank you for taking the time to post your progress. It is greatly appreciated.

Kinda fun, isn't it Paul?

You are going to have a really nice machine when all finished up.

Thank you for taking the time to post your progress. It is greatly appreciated.

It's great fun! Hopefully if I can get some resolution on the table play...saddle play I can continue past the clean up I'm doing.
If it's too worn I'll have to get some grinding done I suppose? But I'm working on figuring that out.

You're welcome! It really helps when I get an atta boy! Kinda wonder sometimes if all I can hear are crickets on this post. :D
The plan is to index the entire thing down to assemblies so people can jump straight to them once I'm done.

Paul

It's great fun! Hopefully if I can get some resolution on the table play...saddle play I can continue past the clean up I'm doing.
If it's too worn I'll have to get some grinding done I suppose? But I'm working on figuring that out.

You're welcome! It really helps when I get an atta boy! Kinda wonder sometimes if all I can hear are crickets on this post. :D
The plan is to index the entire thing down to assemblies so people can jump straight to them once I'm done.

Paul

Well, this thread has 1700 views. They may not be joining in, but we are keeping an eye on ya.

Back