My Bridgeport head rebuild...was only top end now both. 2hp variable speed.

I'm not done with this. I will still finish my huge photo collection. At the moment I am making a new "sleeve shaft" for the variable speed control.. I had to cut mine off with a dremel and on top of that I was forced to cut the worm gear off of it. Then the new shafts that are available for some reason are different than my old one. The one I removed is exactly like the one in the renovating guide pictures... Apparently the one I have doesn't seem to be available. But it's a simple shaft just a little bit of time. Some turning/grinding and drill one hole. Then I can post those pictures.

So I am down to just a few parts before finishing the upper belt housing. Then the motor and remount of the head. I will get more pictures up this week.

After that I'll start a album for doing the new lead screws/nuts and taking the table apart...and the bjur oiler.

Paul

Just checking in here. After disassembling the motor to clean everything up I decided to change the bearings while I was in there. Also, the motor "fan" had gotten smashed at some point. So several fins where missing and the top motor cover was dented thoroughly. I ordered bearings..and they are cheap for the motor. The book said 6210 for the larger bearing. It wasn't the right size. Ordered it...checked when it arrived... way too large. The bearing is a 6206 for the larger one and 6203 for the smaller end of the shaft. These are double sealed not double shielded. So buy the bearings with rubber seals on both sides. Be sure to check the numbers on yours if you plan on replacing them. The motor itself is really simple to take apart and when I get the rest of the parts this week. I'll put it all together and get the pictures posted.

Paul

IMG_1063.PNG Paul or anyone can u tell me what this screw and locknut do? My j-head varispeed is older but has it as well

Back