My Boys Bike

I have plans to build some kind of obscure bike. Have couple frames to use in my projects. I can pm you my email address.
Jack

what do you call obscure?
tays bike is only one apart from mine that roughly followed a plan.

not got plans for them.
can't be that hard to do pull bearings and cups out of wheel.
weld in shaft squared off on either end to accept crank arm, needs to be long enough to fit bearings.
get some forks cut off dropouts, weld on some bearing holders or some flat bar and use pillow block bearings.
and you got unicycle.
starting a handcycle for a disabled kid that cant walk in a week or so.

Taycat,

Thank you for the plans, the design looks to be better than what I've seen on the road around here. There are several riders of recombinant bikes, I've seen at least 3 different bicycle style and at least one 3 wheeler. The 2-wheel styles don't appeal to me, the ones that I saw appeared to be home-built to varying degrees of success. One rider appeared to have issues staying upright when stopped for traffic. The 3-wheeler was setup like a tricycle with the tandem wheels in the rear. It was similar to your little girl's bike but with a more laid back style. With all the building you are doing is it a business or hobby?

Thanks again,

Mike

it's a hobby, made few for kids friends as well.
have plans for rear wheel one as well also another tadpole with under seat steering which i find most comfortable as more natural to have your arms down by your side.
personally i prefer tadpole style.
if you build one i prefer to make proper adaptors to hold rose joints.
all you need is pce of 5/8 solid rd 1.5" long assume you will use 3/8 threaded joints i use m10 as easier to get in uk.
drill through with tapping drill then drill halfway through with drill to allow it to slide over 1/2" tube you use for rod.
only other bit is drill first 1" of tube id to 3/8 clearance.
working on design for full suspension version and a fwd one when i get around to building them will then try to combine the two.

Back