My Boxford 8" Shaper

Tool-in-the-Box

Active User
Registered
Over the past two years I have been collecting small machine tools for my home shop. Holding on to the best of the best machines I could find. I plan to just make models and other small stuff as a hobby. Its just a small 12' x 10' space but with lots of moving things around on paper I can fit most of what I "think" I will need. I am close to setting things up. I just need to do some final touches to the tools before bringing them home. Now that things are almost ready I figured I would share a few pics of the machines I decided on.

BOXFORD 8" SHAPER

A big thanks to Peter N. and friends in CT. I would have never got this out of the basement without them. It was a long narrow flight of stairs going into the kitchen.... eek! Peter picked up an 8520 Causing Mill there so it worked out well for the both of us.

Bought this on eBay as non working. The owner removed the countershaft and motor. His plans to put it back in never happened. The machine sat unused for the last 12 years he owned it. The ad said it was going to scrap if no one bought it.

I installed the countershaft and just need to put a motor and switch in it and we are good to go. The machine turns fine by hand so I don't anticipate and problems.

The vise is original to the machine.

Total Investment 400.00

Pic of the machine is as found. I have not cleaned it up yet.

X8.JPG

X8.JPG

Back