My 1951 MGTD, progress at last.

hq308

Active User
Registered
Re: My 1951 MGTD, progress at last.

Wow, this is a long term build. What stage is the build at now?

I'd love to see some more pics.

Nice work! :)

Thanks Jim,now you've gone and given me some inspiration to resurrect the 67 1600 BMW thats been in the garage since 1981. Jim

I have been working hard, trying to finish this project before Father Time finishes me.
In the last year, the transmission was removed, clutch was redone and the transmission was rebuilt. When my son was about 5 years old, he managed to start the car when nobody was looking and without benefit of a clutch drove it into the garage door. This made first gear bad.

The front and rear quarter panels and the associated wood frame have been nailed onto the chassis. This required removing the firewall. The firewall was reinstalled and most everything is mounted.

An original radiator and shell have been obtained and mounted.

Headlamps-mascot-and-side.jpg

The car is now named "Elvira". Elvira is Mistress of the Dark. Lucas is only the Prince of Darkness. I think Elvira being Mistress will trump the Prince.

I found a proper radiator mascot.

mascott.jpg

Its a 1/2 scale replica of a 1928 Graham Page. I wanted a lady with a cape.

Still a lot to go and all of the fenders will come off one more time once all the holes are drilled, so the tub can get a final finish.

I am waiting for the hood (bonnet) there are several screws and bolts that depend on having it mounted.

Headlamps-mascot-and-side.jpg

mascott.jpg

That sir is one of my fave cars of all time! Behind a 68-70 Fastback Mustang!

Woa, thats nice. also one of my favorites. . . nice work.

Back