Must Have Mill Machine Accessories For A Beginner?

...or else get a "rough and ready" alignment by using a machinist's square against the front edge of the mill table and the appropriate edge of the indexer's base when bolting it down.

PS - Very nice job cleaning up all your cast iron surfaces!

This is what I initially did. Thank you for the additional suggestions :encourage:

5C collects arrived. Got a 15 piece set that goes from 1/8" - 1".

I also got this tapper...

IMG_3045 - Copy.jpg

Silly, I know... but the paint did not match the machine... nothing some Rust Oleum Hammered Green paint can't fix...

IMG_3067.jpg

I wish I had remembered to place a leather piece between the vise and the spin index when I was doing the sides... hate seeing that mark on the aluminum plaque... again, silly stuff that plays no role on how the index works...

I want to make some of the changes I found... like a better fitting locking screw and a better handle (handle was missing from the box, they are supposed to send me one soon)

Forgot to add the link to the video of the mods I want to make for the spindexer

Took a bit of a detour while I wait for more parts for the milling machine...

Got one of those inexpensive plasma cutters from eBay... pilot arc model. And of course, had to make a few changes to it.
  • Replaced air hose for better quality
  • Replaced hose adapter with quick connect adapter
  • Replace short and thin power cable with thicker and longer (10') cable
  • And just for the heck of it, since I had to removed the cover to replace the wire harness, painted the cover green to match the rest of the tools that I have been getting... funny thing is that green is not even my favorite color, it is blue...
Tested with a sheet of metal I had... this thing slices through it like it was cutting butter!!...

IMG_3158.jpgIMG_3157.jpgIMG_3156.jpgIMG_3155.jpgIMG_3167.jpgIMG_3169.jpg

Back